DEADLINE FEBRUARY 28TH
If You’re Reading This … A message in a bottle, a forgotten letter in a desk, a postcard delivered to an old address. A cry for help, a confession of love, an ominous threat. Words from the past, or perhaps the here and now, or even the future.
Less Than Three Press is seeking stories about what happens when someone chances upon a message cast adrift and left to be guided by fate or chance. From the classic message in the bottle washed up on a sandy beach to whatever the imagination spins, tell us your tales of what happens when that message is at last found and read …
- Deadline is FEBRUARY 28, 2013 11:59 EST (GMT -5) (give or take, we won’t kill you for sending it off the following morning).
- Stories should be at least 10,000 words. Anything less is too short to run as a serial, as we post them in 5,000 word sections. They should not exceed approx 50,000 words in length, as we do not like a single story to run for too long.
- Stories must be m/m or f/f romance (threesomes, etc. are acceptable, but all parties must be the same gender).
- Stories must have a happily ever after (HEA) or happy for now (HFN) end.
- All usual LT3 submission guidelines apply.
This collection is centered around the theme of ‘messages cast adrift’. All stories must have a strong tie to this theme. Any sub-genre is gladly accepted: sci-fi, mystery, contemporary, steampunk, etc.
If You’re Reading This … will run as one of LT3′s serial anthologies. Stories will run one by one on a biweekly basis, to be compiled into a single anthology at the end of the series. Current examples of serial anthologies are Bad Moon Rising and Something Happened on the Way to Heaven. They’re an extremely popular aspect of our serial stories, as readers like the shorter stories mixed in with some of our longer running works.
Payment will be $200 on acceptance of the story and 5% of gross subscription sales while your story is in the serial rotation. Authors will receive one copy each of the ebook formats LT3 produces and two copies of the paperback compilation.
Stories should be complete before submitting, and as edited as possible. They can be submitted in any format (doc, docx, rtf, odt, etc), preferably single spaced with a space between paragraphs, in an easy to read font (Times, Calibri, Arial) with no special formatting (no elaborate section separation, special fonts, etc). Additional formatting guidelines can be found here.
Any questions/concerns should be directed to the Editor in Chief, Samantha M. Derr, email@example.com (or you can ping her on twitter @rykaine).